We are studying through the little New Testament book of Titus together in our morning Lord’s Day gatherings at Calvary. It’s all about Learning & Living. A couple of weeks ago, we learned that common people in lowly positions doing menial tasks can have high gospel impact (Titus 2:9-10). Five qualities for maximizing your gospel impact are:
- Submissiveness to authority – “obedient”
- Motivation to please – “well pleasing in all things”
- Not being disagreeable – “not answering back”
- Not taking what isn’t yours – “not pilfering”
- Being completely trustworthy – “showing all good fidelity”
“That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things” means that even slaves can make the gospel attractive to people who observe their attitudes and performance. Are you a common person in a lowly position doing menial tasks? How is your gospel impact? Do you make the gospel more or less attractive to people?
Listen to the message here.